[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
• View topic - REVIEW: Best Buffet (Huntington, New York)

REVIEW: Best Buffet (Huntington, New York)

REVIEW: Best Buffet (Huntington, New York)

Postby Brimstone » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Best Buffet
179 Walt Whitman Rd
Huntington Station, NY 11746
(631) 385-0800

Categories: Chinese, Buffets, Sushi Bars

Food Hounds... Brim here and COMPLETELY blown away by the fantasmic lunch Etan Wish and I had over at Best Buffet in Huntington, NY. Of course being on the road often, I've had my fair share of run in's with countless buffets; some good - some bad. I can honestly say that at this point, Best Buffet is THE BEST Buffet that I've had the opportunity to dine at. At first glance, the location is tremendous on the outside and when you walk through the doors... it is JUST as huge! I was a little taken by how large this place was and the variety is unbelievable. The place is nonstop busy on the norm, so the food is always hot, fresh and waiting to be devoured!

Serious selection here folks... We really didn't know where to start first! Aside from the rows of buffet items including familiar delicacies such as Sweet & Sour Chicken, Boneless Ribs, Sweet & Sour Pork, Orange Chicken, Shrimp & Lobster Sauce and Sesame Chicken... they had a fresh Sushi and Sashimi Bar, Hibachi Station and a Fresh Carving Area! It was time to dig in and we did just that... I grabbed TWO plates right off the bat. Let's start by saying that most Chinese Food Takeout places are very Americanized nowadays and in order for a New Yorker to get truly authentic food... they either need to know somebody; or head into China Town in NYC and know the right spot. Here at Best Buffet, they don't do American Chinese, they do Chinese Authentic, Korean and Japanese. Some specialty dishes that this style of Asian cooking comes across in were the Asian Fried Chicken with Garlic. The flavor of the chicken was intense with the crispy, garlic skin was on point. Then we have the Chab Jet Korean Noodles which were made to perfection. You've never had noodles until you've eaten freshly made authentic noodles... these were killer!

There was SO much to try and Etan and I were game to tackle as much as humanly (and inhumanly) possible! The Boneless Ribs were cut a bit larger than my personal preference; but the taste was out of this world... and for a completely different take on Ribs; they offered Spare Rib Soup!!! Soup with the rib meat soaking for hours on end allowed the generous chunks of rib to actually melt in your mouth. On to Shark with Teriyaki... OH YES -- Shark. Very rarely do restaurants ever offer such a high-priced item in a lunch buffet and here we have this amazing tasting dish! A couple of favorite dishes served were the Orange Chicken which was crispy and sauced just right rather than soft or mushy like some spots. The same verdict for the Sesame Chicken which was crispy and offered a burst of flavor in every bite. The Roasted Duck was on point as were the Pan-Fried Pork Dumplings (last time I had these made this good was in China Town), the Korean Style Scallion Pancake was light and delicious; not greasy similar to the Vegetable Tempura. Another of the special Asian dishes was the Indian Pancake with a Chicken based Curry Sauce. The Pancake was very light, yummy and the curry was not overbearing like some may be used to and steer clear of... definitely try this here. Also, the BBQ Pork Chop was extremely memorable; it was like riding a train through tasty-town and I was the Engineer!

They never ceased to amaze us with the quality of their food and literally floored us when the General Manager personally delivered us a couple of their evening and weekend specialties to sample such as the Peking Duck sandwich with Hoisin Sauce (it came close to the Duck Tacos we had over at DoraNonnie with Danny Gagnon), and a GINORMOUS Lobster basted in a delightful Ginger, Garlic, Scallion and Butter Sauce that just took our breath away. Apparently, weekends at Best Buffet offer their diners ALL YOU CAN EAT Lobster - move over King Crab Legs... there is a NEW King in town!!! Best Buffet Lobster for the WIN!!!

Etan made his way over to the dessert treats before he completely ran out of room... it was again an enormous selection! He grabbed the Winter Melon Cake which was like a mini apple turnover, Mango Pudding that he cried over (it was that good) and a Sticky Rice Ball amongst some other winners. I kept it simple with some fresh Ice Cream... Mmm... Another WINNING find by the Food Hounds! If you have the opportunity to stop on down here for either lunch or dinner; we'd certainly recommend it -- and just in case you are afraid to dine out; they offer lunch and dinner to go, they Deliver and they CATER!!! They are just the best at what they do and what they do best is feed hungry little critters like the Food Hounds... Well, we'd like to at least pretend that we're little! Let them know that the Food Hounds sent you...!!!

To SEE our experience at Best Buffet, please click HERE

To check out our other FOODIE videos, please click HERE
Brimstone

Return to Food Hounds: Tidbits